September 9, 2019
Members Present: Fred Garbani, Dave Mellner, Zoya Smithton, Lisa Stoveken, Susan Lancaster, Karen Garbani, Terri Repetto, Carolyn Goben, Felicia Salzano, Desiree Taylor, Carlotta Aros
Meeting Called to Order at 6:35
President led Pledge
Approval of August Minutes. Lisa Moved, Karen Seconded. Motion carried
* No report
Meeting Adjourned. At 8:10 PM
Descanso Town Hall Association
1. Meeting called to order by President Terri Repetto at 6:30 PM
2. Followed by the Pledge
Attending: Susan Lancaster, Terri Repetto, Karen Garbani, Marie Dasilva, Fred Garbani, Paul Nichols, Toni Meyer, Carlotta Aros, Sheri Miller, Sharon Armstrong , Jeff Armstrong, Yvonne Dugger, Judi Dugger, Travis Olshewski, Jessica Martin, Catherine Robinson, Lisa Stoveken.
3. Minutes from June Karen moved, Marie seconded accepted Minutes from June. Motion carried.1.5.
4. President Report
*Venmo Tabled Jen will keep looking into this
A. Fall/Winter event suggestions
*Women's Safety Class Oct 13th @ 11:30. COST $100
Motion by Lisa second Susan. Motion passed.
* Bunco Sharon Armstrong is forming a committee
* Teen Events Jessica Martin is forming a committee
* Sharon Armstrong- Historical Tour of Descanso request. Susan Lancaster and Lisa Stoveken will work with her.
B. Spring Schedule
* Pioneer Day
* All About Kids
10. OLD BUSINESS
11. OPEN FORUM
* Update sound system
* Get TV to replace screen
* Summary of Neighborhood Grant submission
* Summary of Landscape grant submission
* Procedure to planning an event
2. Invite people to join committee
3. Committee elects Chairperson
4. Discuss and Plan and complete Planning Form and Budget
5. Submit to Board and Membership at a meeting
6. Advertise and run event
13. ADJOURNMENT AT 8:45 PM
Submitted by Susan Lancaster, Treasurer for Jen Poe, Secretary
Descanso Town Hall
June 11, 2019
Meeting called to order by President Terri Repetto
In attendance: Susan Lancaster, Terri Repetto, Lisa Stoveken, Carlotta Aros, Katie, Shawn Doblado, Mark Duda, Tammy Cooker, Tammy’s Dad, Fred Garbani, Karen Garbani, Dawn Marie, Dave M.
Motion to approve last months minutes. Motion by Karen to accept. Seconded by Carlotta. Motion carried
Carlotta gave a review of the layout. All the food will be outside.
5. Beer wagon can be delivered on Friday.
6. Silent Auction and Raffle. Carlotta has high school kids volunteers. Security Vests are washed and ready.
7. Dawn Marie has contacted Freedom Ranch for trash and security
8. Wendy has watermelon for a contest event.
9. Perkins has been contacted re:ice and soda
10. Americutz is donating water bottles.
11. Mark - Permits A few revisions. Dunk Tank still is undecided due to insurance issue.
12. Band Get Grooving
13. Maintenance Fix canopy
5. All About Kids. Great vendors and presenters. Only 3 kids.
6. Housekeeping- Cleaned out storage. Need camera.
Motion by Susan to purchase camera set up from Costco. Shawnsecond. No discussion. Motion carried.
7. Newsletter. 5 Ads In Book Not paid
8. Membership - No report
9. Standing Rules- Mark made a motion to postpone final standing rules until September. Karen seconded , Motion passed.
10. Grant Building and Landscape
11. Old Business- None
12. New Business. Karen is collecting historical information. Motion by Susan to give Karen $150. Lisa seconded. Discussion followed. Motion carried.
Submited by Susan Lancaster, Treasurer filling in for Secretary
DTHA Minutes 5/14/2019
Call to order at `6:37 PM
Minutes approved Susan Lancaster motioned all in favor
President’s report: Pine Valley directory bill for ad $140/2 years pd. for. Venmo account maybe
for the townhall no charge. Kyle Baker, Jessica and Jamie(young ladies) that came and helped
clean out the connex. Attic still needs to be cleaned. Should we continue the Alpine chamber
(need price) ad and valley views? Judy writes article for free advertisement in valley views. Fire
extinguishers being checked soon
Treasurer’s report: $25,746.64. LPL $89,342.52
Rentals: Scratch on floor. Concert cancelled.
Pancake Breakfast: April $436 Susan makes a motion we pay for 10 girls to have an ice
cream social. $30 All in favor. Jingle fund in the future at breakfast for small needs around
Luke Barbour: Don Craigheads Daughter and Anderson girl. No interviews needed both were
4.5 outstanding students.
Parade/Fair: Group does June pancake breakfast. 3 people selected and jars will be presented
around town to collect donations Junction, trading post and library. Toni Meyer, Sherri
McGinnley and Tammy Cooker. most donations is citizen of the year. Budget requested $5,095
Judi moves to accept budget Lisa seconds -1-opposed
Maintenance/Grounds: Light out needs to be fixed. Bricks need to be laid. and kitchen sink is
leaking. Sent Brad calls, texts and emails- no response. He needs to be checking the building
and grounds at least once a month.
Community Service: All about kids coming in June.
Housekeeping: set up time to clean out the attic.
Newsletter: coming along great possibly go to print on Friday 5/17. USPS in account $133.00
Judy makes a motion to bring account up to $200. All in favor.
Memberships: All volunteers should be a member of the Townhall? Our insurance is covering
them. Let’s table it and look into the liability of people working or representing us ( soliciting )
and not being a paid member.
#13-Secretary:moved by Judy second Mark all in favor
#14-Secretary:Moved by Judy second Mark all in favor
#15-Treasurer: Moved by Judy Second Lisa all in favor
#16-budget shall be presented and voted on etc: Moved by Judy second Mark all in favor
#17- proposed programs presented and voted on: Moved by Lisa Second Mark all in favor
#18-Committees: Moved by Judy second by Lisa all in favor
#19-Chairs must present monthly stats report-moved by Judy second by Susan All in favor
#20-Special Committee: moved by Judy Second By Mark All in favor
#21-Meetings: moved by Judy second Mark all in favor
#22-President call special meeting: Moved by jody second by Lisa all in favor
#23-Add email - and or email only moved by Judy.
#24- not passed-all in favor
#25-not passed-all in favor
#26- Revisions- moved by Judy second by Lisa all in favor
Standing Rules changes tabled until next meeting.
Cameras- Susan makes a motion to purchase camera monitor system please do more
Feeding San Diego - Tabled
Minutes April 9, 2019
Call to order- 631 pm
Motion to approve March minutes by Judy Inskeep second Lisa Stoveken motion carried
Presidents report- Career day went ok. Kitchen hood inspect done and passed. She cannot email out from president @ email account. $65.95 every 4 months for emails right now. Carole Dearman could help with this.
Treasurer’s report - Beg. balance $26,913 end balance $25,651. pancake $218 us $218 PTA
Cprrespondence- 1- from Chris Wiley: East county transitional living center wants to present what it is they offer.
Rentals-Lisa: Becky Machado left us a picture of Luke Barbour. Needs to purchase paper towels pay for them and Susan will reimburse. pretty well booked.
Pioneer day: need a better attendance.
maintenance: can we change dumpster to a locking one? Susan will call the trash company motioned by Judy Inskeep second Brian Culbertson
parade/fair: Wendy-Chair- wendy mark & carlotta co chairs. parade is set just need to get the budget done. forming committees now. Junction is willing to donate food. proposing $4700 budget this year. Next meeting-April 19 @ 5pm @ Short Branch 9715 Hwy 79.
DTHA community service-
Housekeeping: clean out cones box and media closet. Susan motion to throw away non legal Lisa S. seconds. motion carries. Shutters for glass cases? put out cookbooks for $10 donation.
Newsletter- needs all info asap going to production May 1.
special committee: proposed bylaws: #1-motion by Susan L to change Can to May second Lisa S. carried.
#2-moved by Judy I second by Brian C. carried
#3-moved by Judy I second by Lisa S carried
#4-Moved by Judy I second Gayle C carried
#5-moved by Judy Second by Barbie Duda carried
#6-moved by Judy I second by Lisa S. Carried
#7-Susan moves for no change second by Barbie Duda carried
#8-motion by Susan to accept second by Judy Inskeep carried
#9-motion by Lisa S second by Judy I carried
#10- motion by Lisa S second Barbie D. carried
#11-motion by Lisa S second Judy I carried
#12- motion by Judy I second Brian C. carried
old biz: political meetings cannot happen here.
New biz: Bunco fundraiser.
Tuesday March 12, 2019
Descanso Town Hall Meeting minutes
- Call to Order at 6:33 PM
Attendees: Terri Repetto, Susan Lancaster, Jen Poe, Carole Dearman, Dave Somes, Judy Inskeep, Karen Garbani, Judi Dugger, Linda Hoody, Carlotta, Shawn Doblado, Barb Duda, Fred Garbani, Chris Barrett, Wendy Barbour, Luke Barbour Late arrivals: Lisa Stoveken 6:45pm, Marie DaSilva 6:45pm & Diane Jansen
7:00pm last meeting minute approval- motion- Susan Lancaster 2nd- Carole Dearman- all in favor none opposed.
President’s report: Deb Stepp is no longer a member of town hall and therefore could
remain as secretary. Jen Poe ratified into office. Motion- Judi Dugger 2nd-Karen
Garbani- all in favor none opposed. From now on at meeting please raise your hand
to be called on to speak and stand while speaking. Only town hall members may
speak and vote until open forum.
- Treasurers report-Feb. 2019 Bank ending balance 26,601.04 Pancake breakfast- 30
adults 4 kids $287 made. Luke barbour donation of $71. LPL balance $17,084.64.
$185 in donations. Carole Dearman would like to see a copy of the bank statement
for the Scholarship fund. Susan Lancaster asked our LPL financial advisor about it
he said to NOT publish that. Carole Dearman wants it noted in the minutes that she
would like more transparency, she has an issue with the bank statement not being
provided. motion to approve treasurers report- Judi Inskeep 2nd- Barb Duda all in
favor none opposed.
- Luke barbour scholarship- Linda Hoody- everything is ready to go, applications have
been spread throughout the community & posted electronically. She talked with the
counselor at mountain empire. so far we have 3 candidates. April 19, 2019 is the
deadline. Interviews will be May 11, 2019. Interviewers are 3 english teachers. Judi
Inskeep- Do you go to Granite hills as well? Linda Hoody- No.
- Town Hall Landline phone- Susan Lancaster- landline was costing us $2k per year
and can only call emergency and 445 numbers and goes dead during a power
outage because it goes through the internet lines. Replaced it with a cell
phone(tracfone) $59 for 180 minutes & holds a charge for 24 hours. Motion to
accept replacement of landline to cell phone- Lisa Stoveken 2nd- Shawn Doblado.
Judy Inskeep- feels that negative feelings about this being done could have been
Tuesday March 12, 2019
avoided if the board had asked the community first before disconnecting the
landline. She feels like it was done behind their backs. Carole Dearman- landline
calls 911 it goes directly to our local sheriff. Cell phone 911 calls go to the highway
patrol. Marie DaSilva-put ICE # on auto dial to go the the local sheriff. All in favor
1- opposed - Judy Inskeep
- Correspondence: Hood Inspection March 21st per Shawn Doblado.
- Rentals- Lisa Stoveken- She had a request for a community member to sale scents
at the paint and sip night. Motion to combine the two renters for $50/Monthly rental.
Second-Judy Inskeep Discussion- Susan Lancaster- I also received a call about
someone wanting to see stuff at the townhall breakfast. I think we should be careful
this could snowball. Karen Garbani- When we rent to people who sale do we take a
portion of their sale’s? Should we be? Lisa- no because we are renting them the
hall. Carole Dearman- How much do charge for the art show? Lisa Stoveken- That is
a townhall event we do not charge them. All in favor, None opposed. Pine Valley
Mnt Riders: christmas 2nd saturday in december. also May 5th cinco de mayo partythey
were charged full rate. Should they have been? Judy Inskeep- They used to
cook all the food at Descanso days but not anymore and they don’t have their
meetings or Cinco de Mayo party here anymore. They should be charged for their
one event. Lisa Stoveken- They gave us a check for $150- We cashed it, they are
complaining and want it returned it was suppose to be a cleaning deposit. Motion-
Lisa Stoveken- To return the $150 to PVMR and from now on charge them the going
rental rate for non profit organizations. Second- Judy Inskeep All- in favor 2-
Opposed- Susan Lancaster & Barb Duda.
- Parade and fair/ Descanso Days 50th: on July16, 2019? Motion- Marie DaSilva
makes a motion to move forward with Descanso Days. Second- Carlotta all in favor
none opposed Discussion: Judy Inskeep- Will Terri Repetto start up the initial
meeting and chair people can go from there? Carlotta- will Chair the fair, Wendy
Barbour will chair the parade. Lisa Stoveken- number one thing Carlotta will need
help with is the vendors from past experience.
- Pioneer/Sadie Hawkins Day: Susan Lancaster- March 23rd 4pm-9pm. Moving along,
chamber today made a pitch lots of interest and excitement. Changed from pack a
lunch to pack a dinner and auction if you want or just eat with your loved ones.
Music- Travis Poe DJ. In need of gunny sacks or something similar. Would be nice if
people would dress up. Feed store is donating straw.
- Hairball: Please sign up to be on the committee we need to set a date and also need
a chair and co-chair person.
Tuesday March 12, 2019
- Maintenance: Lights are fixed, Brad fixed the whole in floor, Generator needs a place
to be stored at the Townhall and maintained. Lisa makes a motion to purchase 3
floor mats for the doorways totally user $200. Second - Susan Lancaster all in favor
none opposed. Discussion: Things have been missing from the townhall so we have
started locking cabinets and supplies up and will issue keys.
- Townhall community service: All about kids. We have Save-a-life coming to do free
heart monitoring and an anti-bullying class after the townhall breakfast June 9th from
1-3pm Terri Repetto will provide water and cookies. any other service ideas please
let us know. Judy Inskeep- possibly a soccer clinic? She will look into it.
- Bylaws committee: Carole Dearman- We have completed the changes. Handouts
given to board and members for review. Will be voted on in the April meeting.
Community needs to be informed of this meeting and the new bylaws. Karen
Garbani- Every change has to be voted on one at a time. Lisa Stoveken- Should we
have a special meeting this might take awhile. I suggest we do the bylaws first at the
next meeting or start a little earlier. Carole- What if we set a certain amount of time
aside and if we do not finish we can table to the next meeting? Terri- 30 mintues- no
more than 2 meetings.
- Old Business: Grant info- no update per Shawn Doblado. There is no time limit like
the other one. Carole Dearman- Newsletter
Descanso Town Hall Meeting Minutes. 2-12-19
Meeting called to order at 6:30 PM. Pledge
Motion by Judy Seconded by Mark to accept the January Minutes as posted. Motion Carried.
Motion to accept Treasurer report as read by Lisa seconded by Judy. Motion carried. Addendum: Buckles $2000 donation was sent in December.
Correspondence. President received none.
Rental PVMR Sent 2 checks. $150 / $275 deposit for cleaning 12/8
Parking Lights. Flip switch/Adjust Timer
Check out interior light bulbs
All clients must do a walk through before and after uss
Parade/Fair Same date July 6
Pioneer Day/Sadie Hawkins
Susan Lancaster Chair/ Gayle Culbertson Co-Chair
Dave Somes will bring Jockey Box, Lisa Stoveken will serve,
Judy will help with games, Shawn will make stick horses.
Hair Ball Committee will form and select a chairperson Date?
Community Service Motion by Susan and seconded by Judy to spend $100 for community service project for kids after a pancake breakfast. Kid Safety Day. Motion carried.
BY LAWS/Standing Rules
Committee has met several times and great working relationships. Things are going great. Will be presented soon.
1. Karen Garbani requested to be on the agenda for February to present a new idea.
2. Lisa shared that the Immersion Program raising money for the Costa Rica trip. They sold dinner for $10 a plate. They made 40 baskets. 20 vendors, each talked about their product. Each person met with each vendor, each had two baskets, people got signature. Interesting quarter raffle.Winners had to represent to win.. Raised $3200.
3. Suggest a matching donation between Descanso member and the business
4. Shawn proposes another application for building improvement. Complete redo of kitchen and siding and bathrooms. Asking $300,000.
3. Bunco perhaps monthly.
4. Check sign up sheets for all events.
5. Wendy Barbour has asked to Chair the Parade.
Meeting Adjourned 7:57PM
Susan Lancaster for Deb Stepp
Descanso Town Hall Meeting
January 8. 2019
4. Treasurer Report.
Pancake Breakfast $175 loss. Remaining
$205. For Sixth Grade Camp
Remaining accounting on Treasurer Report.
Motion by Susan to accept the report with correction of $77.83 for Marie’s money out of pocket. Second by Lisa. Discussion followed. Motion carried.5. President Report
a) Need a new Treasurer
b) December Board Meeting discussed Budget for 2019, Event planning/I and E forms
a) from Michelle (Art/Wine class) Reported back door light is out and scared a growling bob cat (?). Grateful not any of art class ran into the animal. Concern discussed about evening lighting. Terri will look into 4 LED lights for outside on motion sensors. Timer?
b) Donation of Generator. Letter needs to go to the Adams family as a donation with EIN number and value.
7. Committee Report
a) Pancake Breakfast:Jan- New Board, Feb Fire and Reins, Mar PTS Descanso, April Girl Scouts, May. Sandy Anginone, June Fair Board, August _____, Sept ________. Oct ________. Nov _______ Dec ________
b) Celebration of Life. February Breakfast. Invite on FB people to bring photo of loved one. Posters in Library, Post Office, Trading Post, Perkins
c) Approximately 20 bricks to order and 5-6 to correct
d) Newsletter - Request for Chairperson No one volunteered.
e) Rentals- Raise cost of rentals for DPC and Water Meeting. Bill them. Motion to raise the stipend for DPC and Water Company seconded by Lori. Motion carried. Lisa will notify.
f) Membership Many online and in person. Forms to Jen Poe and checks to Lori
g) Website Ads should be paying for the Flipcause website Ask Phoenix Team to fix Descanso spelling. Also fix the emails and have them work as real emails that show return emails are coming from president@DescansoTownHall.org not personal emails.
h) Facebook Terri has been building flyers and posting
i) Parade/Fair JaeDina, Carlotta, Carole, Wendy, volunteered
Pine Valley Parade is most likely moving to June 21. DTHA possibly May 18th. Discussion about keeping it in July. Questions: Insurance, Permits, permission from landowner, parking and shuttle, selection of vendors, plans for kids games, look into Bunco style raffle cards
j) Sadie Hawkins Box Dinner Dance Motion by Lisa and seconded Lori. Motion carried. Event approved
k) Fun Nights January 11 and 25 School Movie nights
a) Refrigerator repair contract
b) Don from Modern Septic. Annual pumping, grease trap is fine. Faucet is smelling like sulphur
m) Descanso Sign. Thanks Julie for help.
n) Scholarship committee. Linda Hoody will chair.
o) Special Committee on Bylaws. After revision they will present.
p) Old Business: MEUSD Career Day Talent Show (Follies)
q) New Business Budget for 2019 Motion by Lisa seconded by Marie. Discussion and amended the postage and membership and ads on separate line.
r) Community Calendar meeting: Descanso and Pine Valley Library, Methodist and CatholicChurch , School District, PTA, Mt Empire Chamber, Garden Club
s) Donation receipts if you buy things and donate them share receipts8. Adjournment 8:45 PM
Susan Lancaster, Vice President
Town Hall Meeting
December 11th, 2018
1. Call to Order...Terri Repetto, President at 6:36 PM
2. Adoption of Minutes
Correction to the minutes that Hairball did not charge as do not usually. Judy Inskeep moved that minutes be approved with one correction. Jennifer Poe seconded. Motion passed.
3. Treasurer Report: Saving transfer to LPL savings update November net was good, it varies due to when deposits and checks are done. Overall January through November net -$1475.33. Motion to accept treasurers report by Lisa Stoveken and seconded by Jen Poe. Motion carried.
4. Additions to agenda No additions
5. President's report : Terri called and discontinued Alpine Sun subscription and advertising. Lori transferred savings account from California Bank and Trust to LPL savings account.
6. Correspondence: None
7. Committee reports
Pancake breakfast: Who can help chair this in 2018? Sixth graders were wonderful, well behaved and polite. Served 31 paid adults and 2 paid children. Net profit $51. Suggestion to give the entire amount go to the campership. Judy Inskeep made a motion to split the expenses and give them the net income for a total of $210.00 Marie De Silva seconded. Motion ammended to give the sixth graders the net profit and the specific donations. Marie seconded. Motion carried.
Tree Decorating: When to take the decorations down . January 5th 11:00 AM
Member pot luck: Dec 1st. Mark & Marie & Catherine did a fabulous job. A fun time was had by all. Expenses were $163.81 for event. Thanks to Katherine for donating two combination locks for container and back chair storageA few things to do next.
Friday Fun Night: Going well. January 11and 25. February 8 and 22.
Rentals: Rentals in December is a very busy time.
Website: 2019 Business size ads $100 for businesses listed on the website (can be in color). In the Business Directory online. Must be paid at time ad is submitted. Do we have a new photo? As on FB.
Membership: Advertising on FB. Can also pay online. Motion to print the Directory every other year by Jen Poe seconded by Marie. Motion carried.
Facebook: Terri has been posting flyers for Skip on all the local FB pages.
Bricks: Order going in Dec 31st.
Anti-Bullying class: Jan. 13th at 12:30. Kids 3rd-6th grade. Terri to donate water and cookies.
Bunco Night: January 22nd Chair Susan/ Co-chair Jen People could donate raffle prizes. Send letter requesting support.
Garry McClintock: Feb.? Chair: Shawn Co-Chair:___ Will need a budget approved before. Box Lunch: March? Chair____ Co-Chair____ Will need a budget approved before.
Fair/parade: Tabled until Jan. meeting
Special Committee--ByLaws Standing Rules: Update Carol’s group is meeting next Tuesday at Judy Inskeeps.
8.Old Business: ME Career Day In March.22 Motion by Judy Inskeep to budget up to $200 . Caroltta Ares will chair. Susan and Terri will attend.
10. New business: Any other ideas for a Spring fundraise? Carlotta suggested a talent show.
11. Public Comment: Our meetings are open to the public. We look forward to hearing from you.
12. Adjournment by 7:50 PM
Next meeting January 8th at 6:30PM
Happy New Year!
Descanso Town Hall Association Meeting
November 20, 2018
1. Motion to discontinue Alpine Sun advertising by Judy Inskeep
seconded Marie Da Silva . Motion carried. Terri to call and cancel ad subscription.
2. Valley View. Nice article by Judy Inskeep
3. Nice Thanksgiving Card from Jeffrey Carlos and family
7. Newsletter. No Fall/Winter edition. Spring needs a Chairperson to oversee all components of production ( Articles, editing, printing,
ad sales and money collection, mailing) . All monies need to be collected before printing.
8. Pancake breakfast Report: Recommend two people to chair next
year. December Sixth Grade Camp folks are cooking. Need
chairperson for 2019.
JAN... NEW BOARD
FEB ...FIRE AND REINS MARCH...PTS DESCANSO APRIL...GIRL SCOUTS MAY SANDYANGIONE JUNE...FAIR BOARD
9. Hairball. Band Report: Event was outstanding. Ticket sales at door. Missing list from Flipcause. 35 non-members attended. Outside ticket sales for beer and wine. Gary and Lisa ran the bar. No one
to serve the nachos so little earned from there. Red wine was needed. Decorations were outstanding. Security was necessary. There needs to be a sober volunteer to “drive home” some guests (Thanks Dave Somes!).
10. Tree Decorating completed.
11. Member Pot Luck. December 1st. Mark, Marie, and Catherine chairing. Terri to change signs to the 1st. Judy ordered the
Santa Claus outfit. Marie designed menu. Happy hour 5:30 Santa
at 6:00. Dinner at 7:00 PM
12. Friday Fun Movie night. Second event went well. $100 to DTHA.
13. Rentals: No bouncy house, mechanical bulls and other machines that
insurance denies. Rental. Motion by Judy Inskeep second by Mark
Duda to raise fee Members $175 and all Non Members ( even if living in Descanso area) $275. Update prices and flyer for
Rentals. Ads on FB
14. Membership forms place at Library, Perkins and at Pancake Breakfast. Advertise on Facebook.
15. Website Report: Donation paid for the Website for October, November and December. In order to continue paying we can sell business card sized ads for $100 for businesses listed on the website (can be in color). Maybe $100 to have ad front and center on banner or just below. In business directory online. Paid at the time ad is submitted. Do we have new photo? Trying to find someone.
16. Facebook. Post hall rental ads every week - DN, Alpine, CN, PV, ME, Carveacre Happenings, East County Magazine
17. Bricks. Susan to make Ad for Christmas gifts. Order go in on December 31st.
18. Anti-Bullying Workshop grades 3-6. January 13th 2019. 12:30 Town Hall. $5 per kids at door. Text Terri RSVP’s.
19. Bunco Night January 22 Susan Lancaster to Chair. Gayle Culbertson CoChair. Need proposal and budget at January meeting
20. Garry Maclintock February/March Shawn Doblado to chair. Need a co- chair. Need a budget. Need proposal. At January meeting
21. Box Lunch Idea. Possibly combine with Garry Maclintock event??? Or a Sadie Hawkins Dance?? Need a Chair ___________. Co Chair _____________
Need proposal and budget. Maybe combine two events
22. Fair/Parade. Discuss moving date to May and other ideas to solve some issues. January meeting. Will need budget proposal to be voted on.
23. Nominating Committee: Motion to accept the slate of officers by Judy Inskeep seconded by Lisa Stoveken. Motion carried. President Terri Repetto, Vice President Susan Lancaster, Secretary Debb Steps Treasurer Lori Cartmill
24. Old Business: MEUSD Career Day. DTHA hosts March 22 at the Gym. Discuss donations for treats.
25. New Business: LPL Financial advised 30% from every fundraisers. Motion to move as much as possible from California Bank and
Trust (leaving minimum required by bank) to the LPL Savings
Account to receive more interest.
26. Meeting adjourned at 8:23 PM
Descanso Town Hall Association
Meeting Minutes October 9, 2018
Motion by Judy Inskeep second by Lisa Stoveken to accept the minutes from September. Motion carried.
Treasurer report by Lori Cartmill. Scholarship payments and deposits in the fund made. Account -$3071.24. Checking Account. Savings Nearly $7000 LPL Savings $9260.38. LPL Scholarship $ 70,222.25
Discussion about Pancake breakfast. $500 for three months.
Motion by Susan Lancaster Second by Judy Inskeep Motion Carried
December Sixth Grade Camp
GENERAL MEETING MINUTES FOR MEETING OF
September 15, 2018
This was a special meet and greet, ice breaker and brainstorming session with the public invited. Susan Lancaster led us in some thought provoking ideas and discussions for future review. Copies of the sign-up sheets are attached. The regular meeting trailed:
o Pancake breakfast – Big breakfast in September! 73 attendees
sponsored by Hearts and Souls. Future sponsors are: October –
Friends of the Library, November – New Comers, December – 6th
o Bricks – Bricks were not discussed
o Newsletter – We need articles for our newsletter. Our emphasis
should be on membership and ads. We discussed sending an emailblast monthly or quarterly short and to the point of what’s in storefor the community
o Scholarship – Not discussed
o Restoration – Not discussed
o Membership – Welcome Baskets touched upon. Jenn is doing a
o Rentals – Not discussed
o Website – See Presidents Message
o Events Coordinator – Not discussed
o Hairball – Sign ups and the budget were discussed. Judy requested
a budget of $1500 with beer being the largest expense. Julie has requested some funds for new items. Shawn would like to go to an advanced ticket process for selling beer and wine at the venue. Motion was made, seconded and accepted. The silent auction needs a Chairperson. The wrong flyer for the Hairball was distributed through Facebook. Judy has the correct ones available. Needs to be placed on all social media in the area.
October 9, 2018
6:30 PM at the Descanso Town HallAdjournment
12:10 PMAttachments to Minutes
Descanso Town Hall Meeting Minutes
August 14, 2018
Meeting called to order at 6:30 pm
Attendance: Terri Repetto - president, Lori Cartmill - treasurer, Judy Inskeep, Dawn- Marie Miller, Shawn Doblado & Jen Poe. Late arrivals: Carole Dearman & Lisa Stoveken.
Pledge of Allegiance
Last month meeting minutes presented and reviewed. Some changes made by Susan Lancaster (presented by Terri Repetto).
Shawn Doblado - Moves to accept the changes in for July meeting meetings.
Judy Inskeep- Seconds. All in Favor, none opposed. - Motion Passed
Discussion: Judy asked why changes were made. Terri Repetto replied that they are making sure we are following the rules and getting all the information needed in the minutes. Lori Cartmill suggested we find a template online. Shawn Doblado suggested we record the meeting.
Lori Cartmill - Treasurer - July Net income $485.44. Jan 2018 - July 2018 Net profit is $-184.23. Non profit organization should break even. Reconciliation report shows checks that have cleared and not cleared as 8/13/2018. Terri Repetto - concerned about having enough reserves in our account. In Account as of 8/13/2018 Checking $22,530, Savings $7,682. Carole Dearman asked if we had any projects on the books that need money set aside? Lori Cartmill answered “No”. Susan Lancaster has applied for a grant for a new kitchen stove. Judi Inskeep: Historical fund and Luke Barbour funds are kept in the checking account and labeled as such. Lori Cartmill: Bank Statement report ending balance for 7/31/2018 checking and savings combined is $30,916.33. Luke Barbour account should have $535 + $212 (Shane Shea’s memorial donations) + $100 for the deaths of Descanso residents Kenneth Gaddis, Robert Leavitt, Manfred Pohl & Shane Shea. When Residents pass away who ever has the knowledge needs to email the President, Treasurer and Secretary so that the appropriate actions can be taken. Lisa Stoveken will let us know when people book their memorial services at the town hall as well.
Judy Inskeep- Motions to move the money to appropriate accounts Shawn Doblado- seconds, all in favor, non oppose - Motion passed
Additions to Agenda - None
• West Fire- Alpine chamber of commerce having a benefit dinner someone from our town hall should be there. Maybe Judy Inskeep.
Lisa Stoveken - Motion to pay to send two people to this event to represent Descanso Town Hall.
Lori Cartmill - Seconds, All in favor, none oppose - Motion passed