Town Hall Meeting
December 11th, 2018
1. Call to Order...Terri Repetto, President at 6:36 PM
2. Adoption of Minutes
Correction to the minutes that Hairball did not charge as do not usually. Judy Inskeep moved that minutes be approved with one correction. Jennifer Poe seconded. Motion passed.
3. Treasurer Report: Saving transfer to LPL savings update November net was good, it varies due to when deposits and checks are done. Overall January through November net -$1475.33. Motion to accept treasurers report by Lisa Stoveken and seconded by Jen Poe. Motion carried.
4. Additions to agenda No additions
5. President's report : Terri called and discontinued Alpine Sun subscription and advertising. Lori transferred savings account from California Bank and Trust to LPL savings account.
6. Correspondence: None
7. Committee reports
Pancake breakfast: Who can help chair this in 2018? Sixth graders were wonderful, well behaved and polite. Served 31 paid adults and 2 paid children. Net profit $51. Suggestion to give the entire amount go to the campership. Judy Inskeep made a motion to split the expenses and give them the net income for a total of $210.00 Marie De Silva seconded. Motion ammended to give the sixth graders the net profit and the specific donations. Marie seconded. Motion carried.
Tree Decorating: When to take the decorations down . January 5th 11:00 AM
Member pot luck: Dec 1st. Mark & Marie & Catherine did a fabulous job. A fun time was had by all. Expenses were $163.81 for event. Thanks to Katherine for donating two combination locks for container and back chair storageA few things to do next.
Friday Fun Night: Going well. January 11and 25. February 8 and 22.
Rentals: Rentals in December is a very busy time.
Website: 2019 Business size ads $100 for businesses listed on the website (can be in color). In the Business Directory online. Must be paid at time ad is submitted. Do we have a new photo? As on FB.
Membership: Advertising on FB. Can also pay online. Motion to print the Directory every other year by Jen Poe seconded by Marie. Motion carried.
Facebook: Terri has been posting flyers for Skip on all the local FB pages.
Bricks: Order going in Dec 31st.
Anti-Bullying class: Jan. 13th at 12:30. Kids 3rd-6th grade. Terri to donate water and cookies.
Bunco Night: January 22nd Chair Susan/ Co-chair Jen People could donate raffle prizes. Send letter requesting support.
Garry McClintock: Feb.? Chair: Shawn Co-Chair:___ Will need a budget approved before. Box Lunch: March? Chair____ Co-Chair____ Will need a budget approved before.
Fair/parade: Tabled until Jan. meeting
Special Committee--ByLaws Standing Rules: Update Carol’s group is meeting next Tuesday at Judy Inskeeps.
8.Old Business: ME Career Day In March.22 Motion by Judy Inskeep to budget up to $200 . Caroltta Ares will chair. Susan and Terri will attend.
10. New business: Any other ideas for a Spring fundraise? Carlotta suggested a talent show.
11. Public Comment: Our meetings are open to the public. We look forward to hearing from you.
12. Adjournment by 7:50 PM
Next meeting January 8th at 6:30PM
Happy New Year!
Descanso Town Hall Association Meeting
November 20, 2018
1. Motion to discontinue Alpine Sun advertising by Judy Inskeep
seconded Marie Da Silva . Motion carried. Terri to call and cancel ad subscription.
2. Valley View. Nice article by Judy Inskeep
3. Nice Thanksgiving Card from Jeffrey Carlos and family
7. Newsletter. No Fall/Winter edition. Spring needs a Chairperson to oversee all components of production ( Articles, editing, printing,
ad sales and money collection, mailing) . All monies need to be collected before printing.
8. Pancake breakfast Report: Recommend two people to chair next
year. December Sixth Grade Camp folks are cooking. Need
chairperson for 2019.
JAN... NEW BOARD
FEB ...FIRE AND REINS MARCH...PTS DESCANSO APRIL...GIRL SCOUTS MAY SANDYANGIONE JUNE...FAIR BOARD
9. Hairball. Band Report: Event was outstanding. Ticket sales at door. Missing list from Flipcause. 35 non-members attended. Outside ticket sales for beer and wine. Gary and Lisa ran the bar. No one
to serve the nachos so little earned from there. Red wine was needed. Decorations were outstanding. Security was necessary. There needs to be a sober volunteer to “drive home” some guests (Thanks Dave Somes!).
10. Tree Decorating completed.
11. Member Pot Luck. December 1st. Mark, Marie, and Catherine chairing. Terri to change signs to the 1st. Judy ordered the
Santa Claus outfit. Marie designed menu. Happy hour 5:30 Santa
at 6:00. Dinner at 7:00 PM
12. Friday Fun Movie night. Second event went well. $100 to DTHA.
13. Rentals: No bouncy house, mechanical bulls and other machines that
insurance denies. Rental. Motion by Judy Inskeep second by Mark
Duda to raise fee Members $175 and all Non Members ( even if living in Descanso area) $275. Update prices and flyer for
Rentals. Ads on FB
14. Membership forms place at Library, Perkins and at Pancake Breakfast. Advertise on Facebook.
15. Website Report: Donation paid for the Website for October, November and December. In order to continue paying we can sell business card sized ads for $100 for businesses listed on the website (can be in color). Maybe $100 to have ad front and center on banner or just below. In business directory online. Paid at the time ad is submitted. Do we have new photo? Trying to find someone.
16. Facebook. Post hall rental ads every week - DN, Alpine, CN, PV, ME, Carveacre Happenings, East County Magazine
17. Bricks. Susan to make Ad for Christmas gifts. Order go in on December 31st.
18. Anti-Bullying Workshop grades 3-6. January 13th 2019. 12:30 Town Hall. $5 per kids at door. Text Terri RSVP’s.
19. Bunco Night January 22 Susan Lancaster to Chair. Gayle Culbertson CoChair. Need proposal and budget at January meeting
20. Garry Maclintock February/March Shawn Doblado to chair. Need a co- chair. Need a budget. Need proposal. At January meeting
21. Box Lunch Idea. Possibly combine with Garry Maclintock event??? Or a Sadie Hawkins Dance?? Need a Chair ___________. Co Chair _____________
Need proposal and budget. Maybe combine two events
22. Fair/Parade. Discuss moving date to May and other ideas to solve some issues. January meeting. Will need budget proposal to be voted on.
23. Nominating Committee: Motion to accept the slate of officers by Judy Inskeep seconded by Lisa Stoveken. Motion carried. President Terri Repetto, Vice President Susan Lancaster, Secretary Debb Steps Treasurer Lori Cartmill
24. Old Business: MEUSD Career Day. DTHA hosts March 22 at the Gym. Discuss donations for treats.
25. New Business: LPL Financial advised 30% from every fundraisers. Motion to move as much as possible from California Bank and
Trust (leaving minimum required by bank) to the LPL Savings
Account to receive more interest.
26. Meeting adjourned at 8:23 PM
Descanso Town Hall Association
Meeting Minutes October 9, 2018
Motion by Judy Inskeep second by Lisa Stoveken to accept the minutes from September. Motion carried.
Treasurer report by Lori Cartmill. Scholarship payments and deposits in the fund made. Account -$3071.24. Checking Account. Savings Nearly $7000 LPL Savings $9260.38. LPL Scholarship $ 70,222.25
Discussion about Pancake breakfast. $500 for three months.
Motion by Susan Lancaster Second by Judy Inskeep Motion Carried
December Sixth Grade Camp
GENERAL MEETING MINUTES FOR MEETING OF
September 15, 2018
This was a special meet and greet, ice breaker and brainstorming session with the public invited. Susan Lancaster led us in some thought provoking ideas and discussions for future review. Copies of the sign-up sheets are attached. The regular meeting trailed:
o Pancake breakfast – Big breakfast in September! 73 attendees
sponsored by Hearts and Souls. Future sponsors are: October –
Friends of the Library, November – New Comers, December – 6th
o Bricks – Bricks were not discussed
o Newsletter – We need articles for our newsletter. Our emphasis
should be on membership and ads. We discussed sending an emailblast monthly or quarterly short and to the point of what’s in storefor the community
o Scholarship – Not discussed
o Restoration – Not discussed
o Membership – Welcome Baskets touched upon. Jenn is doing a
o Rentals – Not discussed
o Website – See Presidents Message
o Events Coordinator – Not discussed
o Hairball – Sign ups and the budget were discussed. Judy requested
a budget of $1500 with beer being the largest expense. Julie has requested some funds for new items. Shawn would like to go to an advanced ticket process for selling beer and wine at the venue. Motion was made, seconded and accepted. The silent auction needs a Chairperson. The wrong flyer for the Hairball was distributed through Facebook. Judy has the correct ones available. Needs to be placed on all social media in the area.
October 9, 2018
6:30 PM at the Descanso Town HallAdjournment
12:10 PMAttachments to Minutes
Descanso Town Hall Meeting Minutes
August 14, 2018
Meeting called to order at 6:30 pm
Attendance: Terri Repetto - president, Lori Cartmill - treasurer, Judy Inskeep, Dawn- Marie Miller, Shawn Doblado & Jen Poe. Late arrivals: Carole Dearman & Lisa Stoveken.
Pledge of Allegiance
Last month meeting minutes presented and reviewed. Some changes made by Susan Lancaster (presented by Terri Repetto).
Shawn Doblado - Moves to accept the changes in for July meeting meetings.
Judy Inskeep- Seconds. All in Favor, none opposed. - Motion Passed
Discussion: Judy asked why changes were made. Terri Repetto replied that they are making sure we are following the rules and getting all the information needed in the minutes. Lori Cartmill suggested we find a template online. Shawn Doblado suggested we record the meeting.
Lori Cartmill - Treasurer - July Net income $485.44. Jan 2018 - July 2018 Net profit is $-184.23. Non profit organization should break even. Reconciliation report shows checks that have cleared and not cleared as 8/13/2018. Terri Repetto - concerned about having enough reserves in our account. In Account as of 8/13/2018 Checking $22,530, Savings $7,682. Carole Dearman asked if we had any projects on the books that need money set aside? Lori Cartmill answered “No”. Susan Lancaster has applied for a grant for a new kitchen stove. Judi Inskeep: Historical fund and Luke Barbour funds are kept in the checking account and labeled as such. Lori Cartmill: Bank Statement report ending balance for 7/31/2018 checking and savings combined is $30,916.33. Luke Barbour account should have $535 + $212 (Shane Shea’s memorial donations) + $100 for the deaths of Descanso residents Kenneth Gaddis, Robert Leavitt, Manfred Pohl & Shane Shea. When Residents pass away who ever has the knowledge needs to email the President, Treasurer and Secretary so that the appropriate actions can be taken. Lisa Stoveken will let us know when people book their memorial services at the town hall as well.
Judy Inskeep- Motions to move the money to appropriate accounts Shawn Doblado- seconds, all in favor, non oppose - Motion passed
Additions to Agenda - None
• West Fire- Alpine chamber of commerce having a benefit dinner someone from our town hall should be there. Maybe Judy Inskeep.
Lisa Stoveken - Motion to pay to send two people to this event to represent Descanso Town Hall.
Lori Cartmill - Seconds, All in favor, none oppose - Motion passed